Thursday, February 19, 2009

How can something so sweet and innocent looking be driving me mental? That there is my beautiful baby girl. She is happy in that picture, but hasn't been so happy lately. And sleep, forget it. Maybe this is why she isn't so happy...or maybe why I am not so happy. Victoria has taken a liking to screaming at night. Loudly. I can't figure out quite why. She is teething, but she will still scream even loaded up with tylenol or motrin. Just not as much. But it is strange...she will nurse, fall asleep, and then wake in about 30 minutes bitching to move to the other side, or better yet, to lay on my chest. Even if there is still PLENTY of milk left on whatever side she is on, she doesn't want it. I must admit that I do love to have her sleeping on my chest. The boys gave up that habit at about 3 months...here she is at 8 monthsand still loving it. She still melts into me, and to sit and smell that baby smell (Tony thinks I am weird that I like to smell my kids!) as you sleep...there is nothing like it. More than 30 minutes of sleep at a time would be nice though.

So I am off with my tired self today to brave the Science Museum of Boston with my mother. I told myself that I wasn't going to do anything like this since it is February vacation week, but the kids are getting naughty and it is because they are bored. I would send them to a friends to play, but some are away, and whenever Jonathan visits anyone he seems to get sick. So dear ol' unemployed nurse mom will be at my side braving the crowds with me. She has no clue what she is getting into!

No comments: